Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!



Ah, it's resolution time. This year I'm going to throw the laundry list away and limit my resolutions to just three this year. Much more manageable this way, don't you think?

1) I will post on my blog at least once a week. I need to keep a routine when it comes to putting my thoughts out into the world and a once a week schedule seems very doable. However, there's a pretty good chance that I'll come up blank for some weeks and I may post some seriously snooze-worthy posts. But, hey...it's progress not perfection, right?

2) I will/try to eat a salad for a meal a day. Not really art related, but healthy living effects my creative process, mood and energy level. And currently, I've been on the whatever-I-want-to-eat-I'll-eat diet and it's really not working for me. Even when I workout like a maniac, if I'm eating whatever I want at night, it doesn't really matter that I've sweated on a treadmill for an hour. A salad a day seems manageable (hopefully) and healthy...andtrynottoeatasmuchsugar. What?

3) Be better at reaching out to other artists and networking. Creating art can be a very isolating experience and I tend to keep to myself naturally. So, this year I'd like to have more work/friendly relationships. To have a larger inspiring group of friends, who I'll be able to receive/give encouragement from/to. My friends that I have now are the best, but more just fills the soul a little bit more.

Anyway, y'all. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and I pray for many blessings to all artists everywhere in the world! KISSES!

6 comments:

leadrocket said...

Sounds like great ideas! I love that illo. Awesome.

Dennis Salvatier said...

Sounds like great ideas! I love that illo. Awesome.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

It's a plan he he he he! This is wonderful. I really have enjoyed my visit here at your blog. Great stuff you have! You are hilarious with the laundry thing. At least one of us is going to do laundry! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a message. I appreciate it.
Have a great weekend.

Michaele Razi said...

Vanessa and Denise-Thank you so much for the sweet words! xo

Jennifer Bower said...

HOLY COW!!!! Are you ever one talented artist. I love your work. It is the style I wish would come out of me. I love your perspectives - cat/mouse are divine. So with that said I am so flattered that you stopped by my blog and had such great things to say about my work. I am teaching myself this whole illo thing. It is so hard to get it right. I am truly humbled. I am following you now because, no doubt I can learn much from you.

Michaele Razi said...

Thanks Jennifer! Means a lot to me. And yes, illustration is seriously hard for me too. I had an art teacher say, "Whenever you get to that frustrated place, that's when you're about to make a breakthrough." I've never forgotten that! And I'm a follower of you too!